Fixing SharePoint 2013 Unexpected SPAudienceValidator Audience URI is not valid for context

We had created a site collection on a web application with the wrong URL and needed to change it. An accepted method is to remove SharePoint from IIS and re-add via:

Update a web application URL and IIS bindings for SharePoint 2013

However after bringing the new site back online I got site errors when visiting:

Cannot find site lookup info for request Uri http://%5Bsite%5D

Unexpected SPAudienceValidator: Audience Uri http://%5Bsite%5D is not valid for the context.

I tried to do an IISReset but that didn’t resolve the issue. Looks like a caching problem, so instead I restarted services as follows:

  1. IIS Admin Service
  2. SharePoint Administration
  3. SharePoint Timer Service
  4. World Wide Web Publishing Service

After IIS returned to service and SharePoint had reloaded, the issues disappeared.

 

 

 

Advertisements

One Response to “Fixing SharePoint 2013 Unexpected SPAudienceValidator Audience URI is not valid for context”

  1. Tony Phillips Says:

    Thanks for this info, the usual IISreset didn’t work but this process did!

    Tony

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s


%d bloggers like this: