Problems Installing SharePoint 2013 July 2015 and August 2015 Cumulative Updates

I had some unusual issues upgrading the SharePoint 2013 farm at a customer’s site recently.

The SharePoint 2013 July 2015 CU and SharePoint 2013 August 2015 CU have three different files available for download:

ubersrv_1.cab

ubersrv_2.cab

ubersrv2013-<KB number>-fullfile-x64-glb.exe

Normally I have downloaded the ubersrv*.exe file, installed, job done. However this time there were repeated failures trying to run the update. I got errors about the package failing to install just after the “do I need these updates” check was run.

Solution: download all three files and put them in the same folder. Run the EXE.

I’m still not 100% sure that some of the downloads I had previously were corrupt, but this worked for me!

Advertisements

Tags:

One Response to “Problems Installing SharePoint 2013 July 2015 and August 2015 Cumulative Updates”

  1. albandrod Says:

    You need all 3 files to install correctly the update. Recently Microsoft introuced this kinf of files. I’ve passed by the same process like you and I realized that I was doing something wrong, and that was that I haven’t download all the required files 😛

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s


%d bloggers like this: